Preschool children are known to throw a lot of tantrum. When they don’t get the attention, they would do something interesting in their own way to make sure parents are compelled to take a look. These attention grabbing methods if left unobserved may give way to a habit of throwing tantrums. There are some really interesting ways to prevent such habits from growing.
There are times when a child would be likely to misbehave because they don’t completely comprehend something. In such a condition, the parent needs to find out what the child did not understand and explaining it to them. Explain them in the language which they prefer, it could be with some funny example which they can relate to.
- Set the rules clear
Sometimes merely commanding or asking to do something in a right way may not exactly work well with the kids. That’s why there are rules which are step-by-step approach for an easier understanding. Children are able to have more clarity if things are presented to them in a simplified manner. As a result rules can be helpful.
- Work on Communication
Encourage the habit of good and healthy communication with the children. Introduce them to a disciplined way of speaking, and insist on speaking effectively with them. When the communication is clear it helps the children to be confident and open with their parents. Their expectations are understood and it helps parents to curb tantrums more efficiently.
This should be the last resort and only in case the above mentioned things do not work, this will definitely do the job. When children are being told that their favorite toy will be taken away when they don’t behave appropriately, the fear of losing the toy often makes them want to work on their behavior.
Eating healthy is an important part of a child’s development. To ensure a child is eating healthy, parents can try some simple snack that can be appealing to their taste buds. Try out these healthy homemade snacks for children.
- Yummy Smoothies– If making kids eat sliced fruits/vegetables is a task; try presenting a fruit/vegetable smoothie to them. Use vanilla yogurt, milk and sliced frozen fruits and blend these ingredients well.
- Mix multiple snacks– Create a combo of nuts, fruits, cereals (cornflakes, muesli) to make a healthy morning or evening cereal for the kids. Present a nutty fruit bowl at home to the kids. Nuts contain minerals such as magnesium, iron and zinc that are a must for children’s development.
- A Waffle Breakfast– Try out a whole grain waffle topped with fruit jelly or cheese. Whole grain waffles contain vitamins and iron. Switch from peanut butter on bread to waffles for a refreshing new, healthy snack for kids.
- Twist to Tomato– Tomato sauce with nachos is a way to sneak tomatoes in the kid’s diet. Other than a tomato sauce; toss a fruit/ vegetable bowl with a hint of lime to add a tangy taste to the snack. This healthy and delicious snack could be a great surprise to the kids.
- Fruit/ Veg Cheese Sticks– Fruit and cheese sticks or vegetable and cheese sticks could be included as a healthy evening snack. Slice cheese in interesting shapes like stars and moon, using cookie cutters to make the snacks look more appealing to the kids. Alternate the fruits/ vegetables and cheese on skewers and serve it to kids.
- Oatmeal cookies– Instead of buying high calorie cookies from the supermarket; try out baking low-fat oatmeal cookies at home. Add nuts, raisins or sliced fruits like apples and bananas and serve with a cup of hot milk. Oatmeal cookies would make a nutritious and tasty snack for the entire family.
- Quesadillas– left over rotis/ parathas can be stuffed with colourful bell peppers mixed with ketchup, cheese and/or baked beans, roasted and rolled as a wrap.
These are some interesting and unique ways in which parents can sneak nutritional and healthy food in the children’s diet.
5 Pre-Writing Activities For Your 3-Year-Old
While your 3-year-old probably isn’t ready to write a full sentence (or even a single word), there are several activities you can do to help her/him get ready for writing.
The following activities are simple, require very few supplies – and are a great way to spend quality time with your child.
Materials You Will Need: paper, highlighter, marker or pencil
What to Do
This fun activity will provide an opportunity for your child to learn how to write his/her name. Write your child’s name on paper with a marker.
Remember to write the first letter using a capital letter then the rest in lower case.
Let your child trace over the name with a highlighter. By repeating this activity, your child will begin to understand how to write his/her own name!
It will take time for your child to write his/her name legibly.
Materials You Will Need: pair of child friendly scissors, pictures from magazines
What To Do
Have your child work on fine motor and pre-writing skills by inviting your child to cut out pictures from old magazines. Your child may choose to cut out toys, food, or just pictures of interest.
Your child may also cut out letters or numbers that he/she recognizes. This activity is easier than trying to cut on lines, but still requires hand strength and more advanced fine motor skills.
PLAY DOUGH LETTERS
Materials You Will Need: Play Dough
What To Do
Have your child roll medium sized balls of Play Dough into 6 inch ropes. Ask your child to choose a letter to make and then see if your child can use the rope of Play Dough to do so.
If this is challenging for your child, write the letter on paper first, then let your child form the Play Dough on top to match.
DOT TO DOT
Materials You Will Need: piece of paper, markers
What To Do
Write your child’s name on paper using dots, (5 or 6 per letter), instead of lines. Have your child start with the first dot and connect the dots.
Hopefully your child will recognize his/her name! Try this with the names of other family members if your child enjoys this activity.
Materials You Will Need: small number of objects, paper and pencil
What To Do
Today’s activity will introduce tally marks to your child as a new way to represent quantities. This is especially good for a child who is challenged by writing numerals. Tally marks to show the numeral 4: ////
Place 4 blocks or objects in front of your child. Show your child how to make a tally mark for each block. It’s not important that you use a slash for the 5th object at this point, if you are counting that high.
Choosing the right premises to open a preschool
Determine which locality will be suitable and feasible for you to start the preschool. Ideally, it should be close to your residence in an area with lot of housing colonies and residential buildings with residents having a decent amount of disposable income as well as the cosmopolitan mindset to send their children to a preschool.
The average space required per child is approximately 10 sq. ft. Before deciding suitable amount of space, carefully consider max capacity, batch timings at the school, and the number of children required break even. Min space required will be in the range of 1200 to 1500 sq. ft. carpet area. A villa or a ground floor apartment in a residential complex is ideal! This will allow some outdoor / open play area for the students as well as easily visible to advertising /promoting itself. Additionally, evening activity classes if any can be run in this area.
Parents will want a safe place to send their kids to. A preschool should be situated in a safe neighbourhood with least possible traffic and pollution.
Security is a very important for opening any preschool franchise. If proper security arrangement is unavailable then it is wise to ensure that the preschool is securely guarded with gates, guards, monitored/registered entry – exit etc.
It is necessary that the surroundings and inside of the preschool be impressively clean and well maintained. Parents do not want their children studying in unclean ill-maintained place!
The playschool should be away from noisy industrial area or manufacturing/processing units, places of worship etc.
Only if you don’t own an appropriate preschool space, then rent it. Against purchasing, the entry and exit cost will be low if a property is rented; particularly if shifting to another location. It is a time consuming affair to find the perfect place. So, begin your space-hunt ASAP and narrow down on options. An important factor when renting a place is the deposit. Although it may be refundable subject to some T & C, it is better to bargain for a lower deposit as you will part with amount but not investing it in your setup.
HOW’ YOU ARE SMART (In what way are you smart?)
Developmental Psychologist Howard Gardener developed the “Theory of Multiple Intelligences” which says, in effect, as human beings, we all have a repertoire of skills for solving different kinds of problems. He advanced the theory of Multiple Intelligences (MI) in the 1980’s attracting widespread interest among educators. The basic idea is straightforward: each individual has several intellectual potentials and diverse talents.
“How smart are you?” This is certainly a subjective question, and depending on the context, it doesn’t tell us very much about the individual. A better question might be: “How are you smart?” Howard Gardner first discussed his theory of Multiple Intelligences in his 1983 publication Frames of Mind, in order to explain and identify the variety of ways that individuals are “smart”. While some students are smart with words or self, and some are smart with people or nature, others have mathematical, physical, spatial or musical talents. It is the way that those people best understand, know and learn about the world around them. In his view, children and adults have distinctly different abilities or multiple intelligences.
According to Gardner, the implication of the theory is that learning/teaching should focus on the particular intelligence of each person. A further implication of the theory is that assessment of abilities should measure all forms of intelligence, not just linguistic and logical-mathematical. Gardner speculates that there may be many more intelligence yet to be identified. Time will tell.
The curriculum at Makoons Preschool is largely inspired by Multiple Intelligence theory. Since, according to the theory each child is unique, every child possess a different kind of a mind. All children perceive and understand the world around them in different ways. Makoons curriculum provides ample of opportunities to the young learners to create, explore, discover, interact and become confident. The program offers uniquely designed developmentally appropriate curriculum with day to day structured activities that suit the developmental needs of children.
Children at Makoons are taught to become independent and responsible in a safe environment. They learn to take care of themselves. Our well-trained teachers employ methods that promote self-discipline and support in the development of children’s personalities.
Praxis Media announces winners of its National Business Leadership & Service Excellence Awards, 2017 in New Delhi.
Praxis Media, in association with Business Synergy and Global Brands Network, announced the prestigious National Business Leadership & Service Excellence Awards, 2017 to celebrate and honor the winners at 5 different levels for their continuing commitment to excellence, developing best practices and innovative strategies for the growth of the business and service sector with vision and inspiration.
New Delhi, July 29, 2017: On Saturday, July 29, 2017 the National Business Leadership & Service Excellence Awards, 2017 were held at Hotel Crowne Plaza Today, New Delhi amidst the elites of the business and service sector. The National Business and Service Excellence Awards are organized, every year, by India’s leading media and marketing group, Praxis Media to celebrate and recognize those Achievers, Innovators and Leaders of the Business and Service sector that are maximizing their potential and have mastered the art of delivering quality products, excellent services and trustworthy brands and business names.
This year, the National Business Leadership & Service Excellence Awards, 2017 were presented to more than 40 winners at 5 different levels. The exacting and daunting feat of zeroing-in on the winners was achieved by Praxis Media, with the support from its associates and partners, after an elaborate and meticulous selection process which included inviting nominations from potential nominees, substantial research & surveys, collation of feedback & opinions, screening based on pre-determined judging parameters and subsequently choosing the winners through an independent jury panel. The significant parameters which were considered for selecting the winners included Market Presence & Competition, Growth & Profitability, Quality & Operational Excellence, Financial & Business Acumen, Innovation & Novelty in Services, Ingenuity and Imagination, Sustainability & Environmental Awareness, Job & Impact Potential, Client/Customer & Industry Feedback, Use of Technology & Trends, Efforts for Risk & Setback Mitigation, Previous Awards & Achievements etc.
The event was graced by an elite panel of guests and dignitaries that included names like Shri Anil K. Shastri – Senior Politician & Former Finance Minister, Government of India, Shri Sandeep Patil – Former Cricketer & Chief Selector, Indian Cricket Team, Dr. Sonal Mansingh – Padma Visbhushan Winner & Cultural Icon of India, Dr. Jai Madaan – Celebrated Astrologer & Numerologist.
National Business Leadership & Service Excellence Awards, 2017, an initiative of Praxis Media, in association with Business Synergy – India’s leading online business & service resource and Global Brands Network – Confederation of most valuable brands worldwide was instituted in 2015 to recognize and felicitate the achievements and the work done by individuals and organizations in maintaining excellent quality in their business and services with commendable commitment, exemplary approach and innovative vision which is an inspiration in itself.
The initiative was well supported by Business Synergy – Brand Partner, SkillOutlook – Knowledge Partner, India Entrepreneurs Club – E- Platform Partner, Global Brands Network – Network Partner, The SME Times, Business Sandesh, LifestylePost.Online and Navyug Sandesh as its Associate Partners who echoed the same objective of ‘Business & Service Excellence’.
A comprehensive list of winners of the National Business Leadership & Service Excellence Awards, 2017:
- Design Plus – Best Architectural Firm in Assam
- Bharat Saboo – Best Consultant Diabetologist in Indore
- GS Studio Design Consultants – Best Architectural Firm in Hyderabad
- Harish Kumar Agarwal – Best Consultant Psychiatrist in Uttar Pradesh
- Makoons Pre School – Best Pre-School Chain in North India
- The Dental Station – Best Multi-Speciality Dental Clinic in Noida
- Sanskar Dream School – Best Junior School in Aurangabad
- Manjula Singla – Best Dietician and Nutrition Consultant in Uttarakhand
- PERFECT SMILE Verma’s Dental Implant & LASER Centre – Best Multi-Speciality Dental Clinic in Haryana
- Lemon Archi Visuals® – Best Consultant Interior Space Planner in Madhya Pradesh
- Trinity Studio Private Limited – Best Architectural 3D Visualization Company in India
- NRDS Management Private Limited – Best Vocational Training Institute in Assam
- Mansi Arya – Best Homeopathic Consultant in New Delhi
- Ravi S. Sopariwala – Best Design Consultant in Surat
- Classy Grafts – Best Hair Transplant Centre in Bengaluru
- Rebanta Academy of Design – Best Design Institute in Madhya Pradesh
- Meadows Wellness – Best Beauty and Wellness Centre in Noida
- Happybees Pre School – Best Pre-School in Gujarat
- Sreedhar’s CCE – Best Competitive Exams Institute in Andhra Pradesh
- Monga Ayurvedic Medi Clinic– Best Ayurveda Treatment Clinic in New Delhi
- ADeCon – Best Architect and Design Consultant in New Delhi
- NatureHealz Private Limited – Best Naturopathy Health and Wellness Centre of the Year
- Tushar Vinod Deoras – Best Career Counsellor in India
- Seeds of Innocence IVF & Surrogacy Hospital – Best IVF Centre in India
- Interior Options – Best Interior Decorator in North India
- Mithi Interiors Private Limited – Best Turnkey Interior Design Firm in India
- Ranjana Physiotherapy Clinic & Ladies Fitness Centre – Best Physiotherapy Clinic in Bhopal
- Indraprastha Apollo Hospitals, New Delhi – Service Excellence Award for Outstanding Contribution in Healthcare
- Rajiv Gandhi Cancer Institute and Research Centre – Best Cancer Care Hospital in India
- Fortis Hospital, Noida – Best Super-Specialty Hospital in North India
- Merryland International Play School – Best Upcoming Innovative International Play School in Odisha
- Shantiratn Foundation De-Addiction & Rehabilitation Center – Best De-Addiction Centre in New Delhi
About the Company:
Praxis Media Private Limited is a premier insight driven media and marketing services company that is widely recognized for pioneering and innovative work for its clients and is a one-stop solution for affordable and turn-key marketing and business services for domestic, multinational, government, non-government, corporate, established and new start-up businesses and services. The company works with its brands and associates to help in boosting its client’s businesses and services and taking it to its zenith through bespoke brand management and strategy, ratings and accreditations, business advisory, market research, marketing solutions, strategic public relations, media management, reputation management and design and communication solutions.
In this activity we will use frozen coloured ice cubes for painting on paper. This is cool and fun way for kids to paint, learn about colours and also learn about solid and liquid states.
- Liquid Tempera Paint
- Ice Cube Tray
- Craft Sticks
- Plastic wrap
What to do?
Allow the child to pour paint in the ice cube tray filled with water with different colours in each block. Cover the tray with plastic wrap. Insert craft sticks into each block of ice cube tray and allow the cubes to freeze. Once the ice cubes are frozen, remove the plastic wrap and ask the child to pull out the cubes with stick and start painting on a blank sheet of paper.
Let the child create his painting by using different ice cube blocks with different colours. While painting ask the child about the colour he/she is using. This is a fun activity for recognizing colours. Also explain the kid about the conversion of colour from liquid to solid state in this activity
At Makoons we encourage innovative ideas to help children learn faster
This activity is a fun way for toddlers to learn about shape. This activity will help them identify different shapes easily
- Minimum 20 ice cream sticks also called craft sticks
- Marker Sketch Pens of different Colours
What to do?
- Take two sticks and place them side by side
- keeping both the sticks joined
- Ask the child to draw a complete shape like circle, square, rectangle, triangle on the two sticks so that the complete figure looks like this
- Once four five shapes are ready shuffle the sticks
- Ask the child to match the sticks to make a shapeTip: use different colours on the stick to create different shapes
Glad to announce that Makoons has won the best Pre School franchisor of the year award in Education Awards 2017.
Makoons is fast growing chain of play school. We have made great progress as a play school brand in the past two years. We are committed to become the leading play school franchise in India. We are on a path of expansion and are looking forward to become a leading player in early child hood education.
We thank all our Franchise for their sincere contribution in our growth.
Very often, the parent is referred to as “the child’s first teacher” as this is the adult with whom a child spends a large amount of her/his waking hours. Parents and family support and model daily life and routines for the child, both consciously and unconsciously. When a child is ready to enter a group learning environment, everyday tasks of parenting can provide children with the tools and skills needed to thrive in that setting.